WORK FOR THE FILTER
A note to recruitment agencies – please do not contact us speculatively. We have exclusive arrangements in place.
From time to time we look to hire the very best people we can find to bring something extra to the team.
Our guiding principles
- We are practical and pragmatic.
- We are easy to work with.
- We have a genuine desire to do a great job.
- We have a thirst to learn.
- We are flexible.
- We’re proud of our reputation and we help each other to protect it.
- We stop for tea and cake every Wednesday afternoon!
What people say
“The Filter are a truly smart company who bring a sophisticated intelligence to the retailing of programming. Their expertise and collaborative way of working have been invaluable”
– Michael Barry, Director of Programming and Creative, BT Vision
The Filter is currently recruiting for the following vacancies:
£20K – £35K BASED UPON EXPERIENCE
(Location: Bath office)
We are building a state of the art cloud-based product and content personalisation platform which will enable retailers to optimise the shopping journeys of their customers on a one to one basis. The Filter offers retailers huge control over the results returned by our engine, blending the best of AI with the domain knowledge of the retailer’s own team enhancing the shopping experience and maximising revenue and retention.
We are seeking an experienced tester to work from our office in central Bath as part of our closely integrated devops driven team. The ideal candidate will have experience in testing both web-based user interfaces and RESTful APIs for both functional and non-functional behaviours (including performance, scalability and ease of use).
We are a small team, so the role will cover a wide range of skills, but will be no less deep because of that. The ideal candidate will be comfortable to take ownership and use their experience to evaluate tools and techniques to choose the right path to quality deliverables using the resources available.
Duties will include:
- Contribute to product requirement and user story definition to ensure clarity and testability even before coding commences.
- Design/develop tests for both existing and added functionality of our continually growing product capability.
- Execute and record/report test outcomes throughout our iterative product delivery cycle, ultimately acting as a release gateway.
- Identify opportunities for the use of automation to ensure we have the most frequent and broadest test coverage possible for each and every product release.
- Ensure that release candidates and updates are of the highest possible quality before we put them in front of customers.
- Assist with the triage and reproduction of customer issues, clearly feeding findings back to developers and also into our test case portfolio.
- Work with Chief Technology Officer to identify and address any opportunities and weaknesses around our testing efforts, appraising alternative approaches, tools and technologies.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.