We use machine learning to help media businesses and online retailers understand and engage their customers. From some of the world’s largest companies to some of the most innovative, our clients share a focus on using our technology and approach to drive their business growth through applications like personalisation, recommendations and merchandising.
The Filter has more than eight years’ experience of working with some of the world’s leading TV broadcasters and OTT platforms across their linear channels, catch-up and on-demand services.
We use machine learning to deliver:
- Personalised recommendations
- Content discovery
- Marketing and promotions
- Tailoring content to meet specific audience needs
All of which reduce churn, and increase engagement and revenue. Simple really.
Just a few of our clients:
The Filter uses machine learning to put the right products in front of the right customers on your website. We integrate with your ecommerce platform to:
- Dynamically build personalised web pages in real time
- Offer one-to-one personalisation throughout your site
- Deliver intelligent online merchandising
- Customer journey optimisation
- Product and content recommendations
All of which drive relevance, conversion and revenue. Simple really.
Just a few of our clients:
The team at The Filter come from a wide variety of backgrounds and we pride ourselves on our diversity. More than 40% of our team are women (not bad for a software company!). We’ve got PhDs and Computer Science masters working alongside people with years of experience in the media and online retail sectors. Our study backgrounds include machine learning, languages (both foreign and computer), psychology, digital marketing and business. It’s this diversity and experience that makes our work stand out.
Board and Investors
Peter became an investor and advisor to The Filter in 2006 bringing with him a clear vision of a need for smart filters to help us make sense of a world with too many choices. Working with Peter is inspiring – his passion and creativity help drive and motivate the team here at The Filter.
Working at The Filter
Working here means supporting some of the most exciting companies in the world. Our clients are media companies and online retailers worldwide. So as well as our UK office in Bath, we’re opening an office in LA to service US clients, and have further clients in Australia and Europe.
We have three overriding values here at The Filter:
- Purpose – we care passionately about what we do – helping large media organisations get closer to their customers and supporting online retailers to directly address individuals’ tastes and needs.
- Autonomy – we work in virtual teams, formed around individual client needs and drawing on the specialist skills needed to deliver each project or service.
- Mastery – we’re constantly developing our skills and expertise to remain at the leading edge of machine learning as applied to media and retail sectors.