This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company performing fascinating work in the TV and media sector.
We are looking for a software engineer who wants to make a real impact in a successful and proven business. You will work with the best new and evolving technologies in collaboration with an exciting team.
Driven by your curiosity and passion for coding, you will play a central role in a company developing machine learning solutions for global clients.
- A SaaS B2B machine learning software company based in the beautiful city of Bath, UK.
- Working with some of the world’s largest TV broadcasters and media companies, as well as innovative online retailers.
- An agile, dynamic team of highly-skilled people passionate about producing high-quality software.
- Proud of our culture of innovation, open discussion and focused outputs allowing us to quickly move from ideas to prototypes to solutions.
- A company which believes in open discussion and diverse thinking.
- Looking for a role where you can genuinely make a difference from your first day.
- Wanting to work for a company that values great ideas and listens to viewpoints across teams, then involves everyone in questioning and understanding why we do what we do.
- Eager to work on innovative ideas and help us speed them to market.
- Someone with a good understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering and design patterns.
- Someone with the following technical experience:
- A proven understanding of database technologies
- Containerisation (Docker & Kubernetes)
- Cloud computing (AWS / Google Cloud / Azure)
- CI and CD
- Knowledge of Linux (Apache, Nginx, security)
You might have:
- Experience with:
- ElasticSearch (and the ELK stack)
- Apache Spark
- Apache Kafka
- TensorFlow / PyTorch or any other python ML libraries, scikit-learn
- C# (.NET Core), Scala
- Experience delivering high-performance, highly-available APIs at scale.
- An understanding of machine learning or process/memory intensive server applications.
- Experience in test automation and/or test-driven development (TDD).
Your typical day:
- Develop and maintain our SaaS platform and ML tooling that enables some of the world’s largest media companies to serve their customers.
- Designing, writing and releasing code to cloud-based environments.
- Working with the Data Science and Commercial teams to input into our features roadmap, help build our client relationships and develop our SaaS services.
- Contribute to our leading-edge ideas about new services in TV content discovery and personalisation.
- Working in a stable, proven and well-funded tech company that still has a start-up mentality.
- Highly supportive and collaborative team combining engineers, DevOps, data science and commercial team members.
- Flexible working hours, additional paid-holiday options, work-from-home allowance and a great working environment in a tech hub in Central Bath.
If you’re interested
- Get in contact – drop into our office and have a chat, or if you’re further afield, then give us a call or video-conference.
- Drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.But no need to send us a CV right now – we’re more interested in who you are and the way you think than what you did in the past.